28 Bathurst Street
Build Toronto has an application in with the City of Toronto for a new mixed-use proposal with residential and retail components, along with a new public park space, a new tree-lined public street and public sidewalks, as well as a shared bike lane. This application is currently under review at the City.
Historically the site served heavy industrial purposes, so a key component of a residential development would be to incorporate an environmental remediation program to ensure any contamination is properly managed.
DetailsMajor Intersection: Bathurst Street and Front Street West
Surrounding Uses: City daycare, men's shelter, residential uses and a heritage building with mixed uses to the north; vacant land with a development proposal for high-density residential with retail at grade to the east; Metrolinx Railway to the south; and industrial to the west.
Ward: 19 - Trinity-Spadina
Councillor: Mike Layton
Site Area (acres): 2.4
Current Use: Vacant and parking lot
Proposed Use: Mixed-Use
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Employment Area
Planning and Staff Reports:
- Preliminary Staff Report - Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendment
- South Niagara Planning Study Final Report
- Repurpose and remediate a heavily contaminated brownfield site
- Respond to the character of the community through a vibrant mixed-use development
- Create an enhanced pedestrian streetscape
- Support healthy and active communities
- Focus on quality urban design
- Intensify and generate value from underutilized land
Engagement Ahead of 28 Bathurst Application
As part of a new residential block we proposed in 2013, our development plan provides: Connectivity between the east and west neighbourhoods through a new public street; A new public park with views to historic… Read more
Development LeadSalima Rawji
Vice President, Development