[SOLD] 30 Tippett Road
One of three commuter lots at Wilson Subway station that has been declared surplus for transfer to Build Toronto, this site offers the opportunity to create a new pedestrian-focused community. The site has been used as a commuter lot for the past approximately 30 years and now, with a development partner, redevelopment is underway.
Over the course of two transactions, Build Toronto has sold the Tippett Road project to Shiplake Properties.
The site will be transformed into a four-building, 900-unit development which will also offer a new community use, a new 5,000 sq. ft. daycare, a new 0.38-acre parkland and a gathering piazza, all while connecting to the Wilson subway station through new and improved walkways. The transit-oriented development will include 100 affordable rental and 100 affordable ownership homes.
DetailsMajor Intersection: Allen Road West and Wilson Avenue
Surrounding Uses: Wilson subway station's TTC commuter lot to the north; industrial to the east; Highway 401 to the south; and Allen Road to the west.
Ward: 10 - York-Centre
Councillor: James Pasternak
Site Area (acres): 5.6
Past Use: TTC commuter parking lot
Proposed Use: Residential
Official Plan - Land Use Designation: Regeneration Area
Planning and Staff Reports:
- Tippett Road Area Regeneration Study - Final Report
- Final Staff Report - Zoning By-law Amendment
- Final Staff Report - Draft Plan of Subdivision
- Provide a well-integrated and master-planned community on higher-order transit
- Create new public park space
- Create a new road network and block pattern that promotes walkability and non-vehicular modes of transportation
- Improve access to Wilson TTC subway station through investment in privately owned open space
Development LeadBayne Anderson